Author Topic: Weird stuff that ... isn't  (Read 1843 times)

En

• View Profile
Weird stuff that ... isn't
« on: September 19, 2011, 04:27:15 PM »
Inspired from a conversation with Vaal:
The thread for stuff you consider normal, but other people find weird, and the other way around.

I'll start with food:

-> really good stuff other people I know will not eat even at gunpoint:
Snails
Frogs
Casu Marzu, which is like the second most awesome cheese ever, pity you have to either go to Corse or Sardinia to get some.
Tripe (and assorted entrails)
Whey
Groundhogs

-> stuff I know other people eat, but I find disgusting:
Dogs
Grasshoppers
Spray cheese
Any kind of cetacea
This post is CC0

Vaal

• Vaguely Obscene
  • Administrator
  • Vaguely Obscene
    • View Profile
    • Descendants Serial
Re: Weird stuff that ... isn't
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 04:45:05 PM »
If that's the cheese I'm thinking of, I've literally had nightmares about it after learning it exists.

While the box office backs me up on this, I frequent boards that don't appreciate big, stupid action movies for what they are. I freaking love ID-4, Wild Wild West, and Van Helsing for example because they don't care about anything beyond looking cool. Yes, I enjoy substance too, but sometimes, I want to spend 90 minutes going 'holy shit that was cool!'.

Along the same lines, I thought the Green Hornet movie and the RDJ Sherlock Holmes were far more clever than they got credit for. They were most certainly not big and dumb, but get treated like it.

Things everyone else seems to like but I don't:
- George RR Martin: I don't like how he uses his characters and I don't like how everything has to be cynical and edgy to the point that characters that aren't get punished for it. I read the first book of the series and... I just can't do it.

- Will Ferrel: I don't see how he's funny and his voice irritates the hell out of me.

- Sasha Baron Cohen: See above, but with racism. See also: Jeff Dunham.

-Zombies: I'm not a gore or horror fan to start, but zombies aren't just that, but they're also everywhere. Everything you look, there's freaking zombies. The Zombie apocalypse is here, but in the form of crushing your bones under their media empire.

The Descendants - Twitter: @ParadoxOmni

Fyrasha

• Punches Kittens
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 12:09:15 AM »
Sasha Baron Cohen irritates me quite a bit as well.

Let's see... 'Lite' Beer. It is disgusting. It tastes like you let beer get stale and then added water. If you're trying to cut down the calories, just drink a glass of beer and a glass of water instead of two light beers, your taste buds won't hate you and you'll have roughly the same effect.

Snails are delicious. Also anything with tentacles. I made a fantastic squid salad recently, the preparation of which made my roomate, who usually grosses ME out, leave the kitchen (I started with whole squid, and he couldn't deal with my dissection and removal of their innards, or maybe it was the playing with the tentacles...)

In relationships, I will never understand the seemingly common idea that you can NEVER be friends with an ex, unless you are trying to get back with them/sleep with them. I'm still friends with most of my exes. There's a couple I've lost contact with, you lose track of people especially when you've moved several times, and one I did actively avoid, but to be fair that's the one who got committed after our breakup. I'm on regularly-chatting terms with four others, and 'occasionally say hi on social media' terms with several more, and was even in the wedding party of an ex! I don't get why, if you were friends beforehand and had enough in common to have a relationship, you should suddenly shun the person just because that relationship didn't work out. In cases where the ex did something terrible, like abuse you or steal your money or something, I get it, but if it's just the usual 'not right together' relationship drama, why lose a friendship over it? But I tell this to most people and they either think I'm really weird or just figure I'm trying to hook back up with an ex/ said ex is trying to get in my pants and I'm too dumb to pick up on it.

En

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 04:24:15 AM »
or maybe it was the playing with the tentacles...)
I'm afraid to even ask...

In relationships, I will never understand the seemingly common idea that you can NEVER be friends with an ex, unless you are trying to get back with them/sleep with them.
Eh, I would not have any problem... but yeah, most of my exes are exactly like you describe.
This post is CC0

Zrme

"".
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 08:38:21 PM »
   ?
      ?
      ,           .

[MEDIA=youtube]YrpCwz9rvb0[/MEDIA]

agrohimmka

растворимость нитрата калия
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 02:17:17 PM »
Приветствую Вас друзья!

Минеральные удобрения– вещества, имеющие неорганическую природу происхождения. Они традиционно используются в сельском хозяйстве, так как являются более доступными, чем органические, дают быстрый положительный эффект, и имеют широкий спектр действия. Также их гораздо удобнее и дешевле транспортировать.
1)аммиачная селитра купить в минске - Минеральные удобрения купить в Минске можно самовывозом в течении 20 минут, либо c оперативной доставкой.Покупая у нас, вы можете заказать товар, как оптом, так и в розницу. Крупным заказчикам всегда предоставляются скидки в объеме соответствующей величине сделки между нами.
2)минеральные удобрения купить Минск - Мы предлагаем вам приобрести только комплексные препараты, позволяющие полностью насытить потребности растения после обработки. Наши поставщики имеют в штате квалифицированных специалистов, способных точно произвести расчёты и анализ почвы, а на основе этих показателей создать для вас удобрения с идеальным набором макро- и микроэлементов.
3)неорганические удобрения купить - Каждый товар проходит тщательные клинические испытания на различных видах почв и только после этого запускается в серийное производство. Вы можете использовать нашу продукцию не только в целях крупной агрокорпорации с тысячами гектаров земли, но и для облагораживания приусадебного участка, дачных посевов.
4)минеральные удобрения в Беларуси - Мы заботимся о том, чтобы предоставляемый нами сервис был высокого уровня. В этом нам помогает наличие главного офиса, складов для готовой продукции, сети дилеров. Кроме того, мы дорожим своей репутацией и несем ответственность за качество нашего товара.
Нам будет приятно видеть у нас на сайте НАЖМИТЕ ССЫЛКУ
От всей души Вам всех благ!

комплексное удобрение универсальное
расчет удобрений
удобрения роста орхидей
основные калийные удобрения
жидкие комплексные удобрения их виды
лучшие фосфорные удобрения
минеральные удобрения почвы
комплексное жидкое удобрение для комнатных растений
аммоний фосфат купить
аргамак гербицид