Author Topic: What should I name the next Descendants Collection?  (Read 2961 times)

Vaal

• Vaguely Obscene
  • Administrator
  • Vaguely Obscene
    • View Profile
    • Descendants Serial
What should I name the next Descendants Collection?
« on: July 18, 2013, 02:02:44 PM »
The Descendants Collection 03 is nigh (along with The Complete Volume 1, which will be packed full off extras) and I'm having trouble coming up with a title. Luckily, I have you guys around, people who know what they want out of this kind of thing. So I'm asking you what you think.

My current frontrunners (feel free to suggest your own):

Prelates of Mayfield
This is where they finally start officially superheroing as the Descendants. This is probably a bit early for this title, as the comic hasn't been brought up yet though. Currently my least favorite, but the most catchy.

To Live and Love with Sueprpowers
Several of the romance arcs start in this collection, plus the more 'slice of life' stories. This is the working title, but it seems unwieldy to put on a cover.

The Devil Came Down to Mayfield
The name of the collection's two-parter.

The Descendants - Twitter: @ParadoxOmni

Mazzon

• The 'me' in 'team'
    • View Profile
Re: What should I name the next Descendants Collection?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 02:46:47 PM »
I've always been terrible at naming anything, but I'll throw my  :2cents: on The Devil Came Down to Mayfield. It's a solid, striking name, invokes positive associations to a well-loved musical piece and everybody loves the devil so it sounds like a story one would want to read.
Of the other two, I feel To Live etc. may create wrong expectations about the content since at core the Descendants isn't mainly a love story (unless I'm really missing the point) and Prelates of Mayfield just feels bland to me, like it's just a statement of content without much spin.

Of course these are just my thoughts on the matter and they aren't necessarily much good.

Jonjei

• Liedecker Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 05:06:21 PM »
I'm going to support "The Devil Came Down to May field" of the three suggested. I will say that I do like "Something Prelate This Way Comes" or something like that.
 :2cents:

Vaal

• Vaguely Obscene
  • Administrator
  • Vaguely Obscene
    • View Profile
    • Descendants Serial
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 06:17:30 PM »
It's interesting that you guys, who actually read the series are liking Devil while my writer friends absolutely hate it. Thanks for the feedback so far!

Also, I'll admit that it'll be a lot easier finding stock images to make a cover for Devil :p

Kazorh

• Street Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 02:02:49 AM »
A week later, but I have to say The Devil Came Down to Mayfield was also my favorite.

Vaal

• Vaguely Obscene
  • Administrator
  • Vaguely Obscene
    • View Profile
    • Descendants Serial
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 10:35:11 AM »
First title mock-up for Collection 3:

Knilky

What should I name the next Descendants Collection
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 07:58:48 AM »
I love the solemn droopy eyes of spirit, even though he doesnt look as evil as some of the other mascots, i think his name really matches his look.