Author Topic: Win a Free Copy of 'The Descendants Vs Project Tome' (Descendants Book 2)  (Read 4527 times)

Vaal

• Vaguely Obscene
  • Administrator
  • Vaguely Obscene
    • View Profile
    • Descendants Serial
Important: There was a glitch in the contact form that prevented me from receiving any entries prior to April 2. If you entered before then, please re-submit your entry to soulfulbard@gmail.com.

The premier of the latest Descendants book is fast approaching, and in celebration, I'm giving you, the wonderful fans who make writing this series worthwhile a chance to get your personal copy free.

Since I want to see to it that the most loyal and awesome Descendants fans are rewarded, I'm holding two contests during release week that will give you a chance to prove just that. And because different people show their awesome in different ways, one contest will test your knowledge and the other will test your creativity.

Contest The First: Test Your Descendants Knowledge.

How To Enter
Below are fifteen trivia questions dealing with the main series, The Descendants. All of the answers can be gained from reading the main series, so you don't have to be an expert on all the associated minis, limited series, and one-shots.

To enter, simply copy and paste the questions and add them as well as your answers and e-mail address to the contact form soulfulbard@gmail.com on the Descendants site and send it to me by noon (EST) on April 3 10, 2013.

At the deadline, I will choose an entry at random from those with the most correct answers as the winner.

The Prize
The winner will receive an ebook copy of 'Descendants Vs Project Tome' in their choice of .epub or .pdf formats, delivered to the email address they provide in their entry no later than Friday, April 5 Wednesday, April 10 2013.

The Questions

1) What is Warrick's sister's full name?
2) Juniper's power set includes cold generation, psychokinetic energy projection and what sensory ability?
3) What is the pet name Laurel's father has for her?
4) Name all of Alexis's sisters.
5) What about Kay changes in each of her appearances in the series?
6) What is the name of the catholic church in Mayfield where Ian volunteers.
7) What is the incantation Lisa uses to create a wall-like barrier?
8) Why did Reverend Stiles hold a grudge against descendants?
9) Vincent Liedecker has an impressive number of weapons in his office. Name two.
10) What do the zoo and major park in Mayfield have in common?
11) Name St. John Duvall's daughters.
12) What is the name of the computer server Laurel uses to comb the internet?
13) In what town do Melissa's parents and brother live?
14) What major company's founder has Anansi been secretly helping?
15) Where were The Beach Episode and The Beach House Arc set?

Contest The Second: Show Your Fandom

How to Enter
The second way to win your free copy of the new book is to express your fandom in a way only the internet can: through a fanwork.

This contest is open to all mediums of fan works: fanart, fanfiction, videos, or even filk songs if you're so inclined as long as it is a fan-created derivative of a work set in the Descendants Universe. Fanart or fanfiction can be sent to me via the contact form soulfulbard@gmail.com on the site as well as links to multimedia efforts. Don't forget to include your email address on the form so you can receive your prize.

In creating your fanwork, please keep my brand new Fanwork Policy in mind. Also, keep in mind that by entering this contest, you give me permission to post or display (buy not sell) your fanwork with credit to you on my site. After all, what good is having cool fan stuff if I can't show it off?

Entries for this contest will be open until non (EST) on April 3 10, 2013.

The winner of this contest will be whichever entry I personally deem most awesome (an objective measure by anyone's reckoning).

The Prize
The winner will receive an ebook copy of 'Descendants Vs Project Tome' in their choice of .epub or .pdf formats, delivered to the email address they provide in their entry no later than Monday, April 12, 2013 and will have their entry as well as links to their blog or website (if they so desire) linked on the main page.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:00:16 PM by Vaal »

The Descendants - Twitter: @ParadoxOmni

Vaal

• Vaguely Obscene
  • Administrator
  • Vaguely Obscene
    • View Profile
    • Descendants Serial
The contest due dates have been extended because I realized some people might only visit the site during Monday updates.

Vaal

• Vaguely Obscene
  • Administrator
  • Vaguely Obscene
    • View Profile
    • Descendants Serial
Contest ends on Wednesday, folks and there haven't been a lot of entries. You chances are still good to win, but you need to enter to have any chances at all.

Mazzon

• The 'me' in 'team'
    • View Profile
Now that the contest has ended, will the correct answers be posted so we can see where we went wrong?

Vaal

• Vaguely Obscene
  • Administrator
  • Vaguely Obscene
    • View Profile
    • Descendants Serial
Sure thing! I have to send out the prizes and then it'll come up.

Vaal

• Vaguely Obscene
  • Administrator
  • Vaguely Obscene
    • View Profile
    • Descendants Serial
Okay. All done.

First of all, thanks to everyone that entered Contest #1. You guys are awesome and I'm impressed by your knowledge. There was actually a three-way tie for the winner who was then chosen, in true nerd fashion, by rolling a d6.

No one entered Contest #2, which is kind of disappointing, but we're cool.

Anyway, here is the answer key for contest #1:

1) Talia Columni Kaine (No one answered this one right. They forgot her middle name)
2) Thermal sense
3) Kitten
4) Lydia, Kylie, Victoria, Nicole
5) the color of her hair
6) St. Drausinus
7) Levanto esta pared! (A couple people gave me the English translation 'Raise this Wall', but the Spanish is important)
8) His office was destroyed in the Redeemer incident.
9) kukri, rocket launcher, magic sword, katana, hand cannon, pulse rifle
10) the G.M. Logan Zoo and Wagner Park are named after comic book characters; Beast Boy (Garfield Mark Logan) from the Teen Titans and Nightcrawler (Kurt Wagner) from the X-men respectively.
11) Joy, Chastity, Glory, Serenity, Patience, Faith, Charity (two people answered 'Prudence', which is what Cyn proposed calling herself in 'Beyond Good and Medieval'. I accepted that)
12) Vimes
13) Angel's Camp
14) Quintillion
15) Dawson Bay

dupteni

Win a Free Copy of The Descendants Vs Project Tome Descendants Book 2
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 06:29:29 AM »
I guess it every year, and Im determined itll be the site title at some point

Day of the ZP

Thats all I got.... For now